American Kennel Club & the Kennel Club of Beverly Hills
As a member of the American Kennel Club, the Kennel Club of Beverly Hills upholds and maintains the mission of the AKC.
AKC ‘s Objective: Advance the study, breeding, exhibiting, running and maintenance of purebred dogs. AKC’s Core Values: The human/animal bond, which is perpetuated and supported by purpose-bred dogs for companionship, sport, work, service, etc., is valuable. Dogs bring joy and people who keep dogs as pets feel safer and live longer. All dogs are wonderful, but purpose bred or purebred dogs are more predictable in many important ways than random-bred dogs and therefore make better pets. Pet ownership is more widespread in the US today than in any other country of the world, at any time in history.
The American Kennel Club is dedicated to upholding the integrity of its Registry, promoting the sport of purebred dogs and breeding for type and function. Founded in 1884, the AKC® and its affiliated organizations advocate for the purebred dog as a family companion, advance canine health and well-being, work to protect the rights of all dog owners and promote responsible dog ownership.
Advance the study, breeding, exhibiting, running and maintenance of purebred dogs.
- We love purebred dogs.
- We are committed to advancing the sport of the purebred dog.
- We are dedicated to maintaining the integrity of our Registry.
- We protect the health and well-being of all dogs.
- We cherish dogs as companions.
- We are committed to the interests of dog owners.
- We uphold high standards for the administration and operation of the AKC.
- We recognize the critical importance of our clubs and volunteers.